Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Another day in Paradise - Day 9

Another beautiful day in Houston. We've got the routine down.
  1. Go to the clinic
  2. Get Marie's vitals
  3. Talk to Dr Weaver
  4. Say Hi to our new friends
  5. Vu takes some of Marie's blood while I practice preparing the drug bags, flushing Marie and programing Buddy
  6. Vu teaches me something new
  7. I fight traffic all the way to our suite

Today, Dr Weaver upped Marie's dosage. No vomitting. I now have to replace one of her bags after her first infusion. She's up to 1100 ml of A-10 and they come in bags of 500 and 1000 ml.

The antineoplastons are delivered in a saline solution which makes Marie very thirsty so she drinks lots of water that causes her to get up constantly. All intake and output is recorded. If you hold too much water sometimes your blood pressure (BP) might go high. Marie does not have this problem. Her BP is alway low.

Our highlight of the day was opening one of the cards from the Sunday School kids. On one side was a beautiful drawing of Darth Vader and on the inside was Hebrews 13:8. Father of child to Elders must answer. The boy you trained, gone he is. Consumed by Darth Vader.

Eau Gallie wins again! Tonight Eau Gallie beat Vero Beach 1-0. Friday night they play for the District Championship against Mel High.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Hey,
Uncle Alf, (or is it oderfla?) I am so thankful that you have a talent for writing, it really gives the blog a better 'light'. Aunt Marie, I am so grateful that God gave you to me as an aunt, I couldn't have asked for anyone more beautiful than you. Inside, and out.I am also thankful that God gave you Uncle Al, and his willingness to take care of you. I am keeping you both in my prayers, and I am always thinking about you! I miss you both!

Stefan, great job tonight at the game! See you Friday.
Melanie

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you today and wanted you to know that you are in my prayers. God bless you both. Faye Gardner

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home