Monday, January 30, 2006

Buddy gets a new name - Day 14

Today was another good day for Marie. She even had a bit more control of the fingers on her right hand. Marie still can't hold a pen, open a can of beans or wave like Queen Elizabeth but it is better. Of course, I mean Queen Elizabeth II. It would be a close competition with Queen Elizabeth I but Marie would win on presentation, since she still has skin on her bones. Marie was practicing waving while we were riding in the car and I can tell you it was not a pretty sight. I forced her to stop after 2 cars ran off the road in horror.

The constant infusion is working well and the doctor is increasing her dosage each day. On Wednesday, we're going to try going back to the every 4 hour infusions. The advantage of the 4 hour infusion is that Marie can get a break from Buddy. By the way, Marie has started calling Buddy by his full name Buddy D. Burden or Burden for short. It seems everyday Buddy gains weight and he becomes a greater burden to her.

We're spending less and less time at the clinic as I get faster. Marie is anxious to get home and she could leave now if only I could learn faster. I can't so we'll see you on Saturday. It was relatively slow at the clinic today and Marie and I got a chance to chat with Vo Nguyen. Forget how his last name is spelled it's pronounced 'win'. Vo is Vietnamese and he came to this country 15 years ago. He has worked at the clinic for 5 years and has a wife and 3 children. He said many things about China which I won't repeat because Google would have to censor it.

Eau Gallie High School will be playing Dr. Philips High School this Thursday at 7:00 at Eau Gallie High School for those of you who want to attend. Also, Wednesday Florida Today is suppose to do a piece on the soccer team.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom and I enjoy your good reports by the resident humorist. We are reading this one at 11:00 PM because the internet is acting up.

Marie, it was very good hearing your voice yesterday and hoo-ray today for the better feeling in your hand. Just a little at a time is sufficient.

I plan to go back with Mom on Wednesday, so we both will be there for the big game, along with a big crowd this time.

Sleep well.

Love,

Dad

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marie, Hi Al,

I love reading your daily updates. Marie, I never knew how funny Al is. His care for you is precious. Thank you both, but especially you, Al, for posting these daily updates.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, and make his face to shine upon you, and give you peace.

P.S. Katie turned 15 today, just ahead of Tara.

Love ... Kelli Fox

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Cari-Jean said...

Oh, that's neat -- I was praying specifically for your hand today! Isn't God amazing?

It's nice to be updated every day; thanks for continually posting.

PS What a comfort this is: "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him." (Psalm 28:7)

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Al,

You leave me in tears, each night as I read your blog. No, not tears of sadness, but tears of great laughter.

What great news to hear that Marie is working on her wave, that's very important. Don't teach her any bad waves that you have learned since you arrived there! ;)

Praying faithfully for you both and for God's great blessings to be upon you.

Mrs. K.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marie and Al,

You continue to be in our prayers, and yes, we too are enjoying the daily updates.

Not much new here...which is usually a good thing. We're looking forward to our visit with Tara.

With love,
Susan for all

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marie & Al,

Glad you are doing better and can soon come home
Prayers are there for you both
sue

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home