Friday, January 27, 2006

EAU GALLIE WINS DISTRICT - Day 11

Marie didn't sleep well last night so we're trying something different today. Previously, she was

We interrupt this regularly scheduled posting for this important announcement. Eau Gallie beats Melbourne High 1-0 to capture the 6A district championship. This is the first time Eau Gallie has won a district championship in soccer. Cody L. scored on an assist from Stefan F. Now back to the posting.

infused every 4 hours. The infusions lasted around 1 hour. By the end of the hour, Marie was not feeling well and sometimes would get tremors. Today, we programmed the pump to run every 15 minutes with the infusion only lasting 7 minutes. The only disadvantage is that Marie and Buddy can't be separated long. I learned to draw blood today and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I think it's worst looking at it being done than actually doing it.

Houston is a friendly city. As I drive through this sprawling metropolis, the native Houstoners - Houstonits - Houstonorians - whatever ... constantly give me a Hiddey-h0 cowboy welcome on their horn usually followed by some sort of funny wave.

This morning the Fire Chief paid us a nice visit. While I was showering, the fire alarm went off. Marie decided she wanted a soft-boiled egg so she put the pot on the front burner and then turned the back burner on. Unfortunately, I had put a plastic bowl cover on the back burner. The fire was all over by the time I put my clothes on. No way I'm coming out in a towel. No real harm was done except for that bad plastic burning smell that flooded our room. Yes, Marie has lost ALL kitchen privileges until she gets some sleep. The kids have been trying to take them away from her for some time now anyway.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Stefan said...

I wanted to thank everyone who came out tonight to the game. I heard a few supporting voices during the game. Not sure who, though. I hope it was exciting enough! :)

I know I won't be getting much sleep tonight...

Thanks!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Cari-Jean said...

Why didn't anybody invite me!?

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Lynne said...

Al & Marie -
It was a great game. Stef's assist was picture perfect, you would have been very proud of him. We enjoyed the game and I also have to commend Stef's fan club........by far he had the most supporters then any other player.
Congratulations!!
Lynne

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home