Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Impatient Patient - Day 3

We're starting to catch on to process. You rush around in order to wait. Today, we got to the Houston Medical Imaging at 1:00. Three waiting rooms and 4 1/2 hours later Marie was done. I think there's some kind of Texan law that doesn't allow a patient to remain in any one waiting room for more than 2 hours cause they kept moving us.

The catheter is installed and tomorrow we will meet with the Nutritionist at 9:00 and then start the treatment. They'll also start training us on the care and feeding of the pump. I suspect we will be there all day.

I spoke to Dave Price this morning. The old Northsiders will remember that Dave was one of our first Elders at Northside. Dave and Laura moved to Arizona a while back with their kids. Dave and Laura both went to school in Houston and will be visiting Laura's parents next week. Marie and I hope that we'll be able to get together with them while they're here.

Today we ate at two different health food stores. Marie gets her big glass of carrot juice and some funny food that I can't spell. The food is not bad but I get pretty hungry a few hours later. With all this health food I'm eating I should look like a regular stud-muffin when I get back.

She has trouble typing especially on my laptop but she sends her love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Tara said...

I can sympathize with Mom having trouble typing on your laptop, Dad. The keys are too flat. It's a pain. Ok, that's my inspirational message for the day. :P

Love,
Tara

7:03 AM  
Blogger Meisje said...

There is a Texas law about changing waiting rooms every two hours. We voted against it, lost, and moved to Florida.

Sorry, should have mentioned it before you left . . .

Love,
Meisje

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home