Monday, January 23, 2006

Mr. Mom - Day 7

Today I gave Marie 1/2 cc of Decadron, prepared her drug bags, cleaned the kitchen, did the laundry and the food shopping. Working at Harris is a whole lot easier than this and it pays better too!

Blog Police: 'Mr. Alf do you realize that blog-jacking is a federal offense? This blog isn't about you! I'm going to give you a warning this time because you have such a lovely wife. Blog safely.'

Oops.

They've double Marie's dosage of Decadron in an attempt to stop the vomitting. She only vomitted twice today although she is currently fighting number three. We got out of the clinic around 1:00 and Marie has been lying in bed most of the day.

I found a fanny pack and a kid's backpack with wheels on it for her to carry Buddy. Currently she's wheeling Buddy around with her. Once she starts feeling better, I think she'll like the fanny pack.

Eau Gallie won their first district game tonight 4-0. After Stefan told me that they had won the game 4-0, I asked him "Did you score? Any assists?" His responses were "No - No. Dad - we won 4-0." I guess I deserve one of those parental Yellow Cards. Sorry Stef, well done and GO EG!

I want to thank everyone for their encouraging posts and emails. I can't answer them but I make sure Marie reads them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I talked to Shirley Sauerman, Mom's cousin (who spends time in the Ft.Meyer's area in the winter) just now to check on us because they had not heard from us at Christmas. Now she is calling Mom in Melbourne. You may get a message from her.

Things are quiet here and in Melbourne. We are having spring weather.
I hope your nasuea is subsiding and the other problems are status quo or improving.

Love,
Dad

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping you in our prayers!
-The Martins

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home