Saturday, January 28, 2006

Rainy Saturday - Day 12

The switch we made yesterday to have Marie infused every 15 minutes has worked well. She slept better last night and the small infusions are not very noticible to her. She is not getting anymore tremors and seems to have more energy.

Today, we went to the clinic and got our two bags of antineoplastons and came back to the hotel so Marie could shower. The dressing got a little wet so we changed it. Marie then took a nap. After the nap, Marie and I ate lunch at the health food store. They have a mediterrainian sampler plate that's very good (Greek salad, taboulli, humous and rice wrapped in grape leaves). Finally, we went to the Mall where Marie found a couple of sweaters. After an hour of deafening noise we were ready to come home.

Our friend Martin is doing better also. Angie the 15 year old German girl is still very tired. Doctor Weaver suggested doing the constant infusion like we're doing but Ute said no. I don't believe she understood what the doctor was suggesting. After seeing Marie this morning, I think she will try it too. A new group of patients started last Friday. So far I've only met one. His name is John and he's from Jacksonville. He also sounds just like Bob Staples when he talks.

So things are getting better. We're ready to get back home.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant go to bed until I read your the nes about how things are going.
When you all hurt I hurt (but not nearly as much) and when things are better I am better, so I will sleep better tonight.

Mom plans to be here for church tomorrow, so you know what I did today-a weeks house cleaning, That will help me sleep also.

May the Lord Bless you and keep you both, and have restfull night.

Grandpa Don

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will proof read the next one. gpd

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just checked on you before I go to bed. I am glad that Marie got some sleep last night. And I am happy to know that the constant infusion is a little better. Hopefully the German girl will do the same.
Thinking of you and wishing you easier days ahead.
Good night
Ahlem
PS: great job Stef.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just checked on you before I go to bed. I am glad that Marie got some sleep last night. And I am happy to know that the constant infusion is a little better. Hopefully the German girl will do the same.
Thinking of you and wishing you easier days ahead.
Good night
Ahlem
PS: great job Stef.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOPS !!! I didn't mean to send it twice!
Ahlem

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Al & Marie,
Thanks so much for responding to the email...have just read the blog spot...sounds like you are being cared for in a special way...I'm assuming "Buddy" is your pump since the blogs began on Day 7 from this vantage point.
Our Love & Prayers,
Jim & Andrea Thorn :)

6:05 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home